Fertility Options for Cancer Patients and Survivors
How We Can Help:
There is hope. You can build a family after cancer. SCRC can help.
SCRC wholeheartedly supports cancer patients and survivors in their quest to preserve their fertility and have a baby on their terms. That’s why we have partnered with the Cancer Warrior foundation and are a LIVESTRONG Fertility Program Partner. You have options, and we’ll do everything in our power to help.
Whether you are dealing with a new diagnosis or exploring your options after treatment, we offer a range of services and support and assistance for young people who want to explore their options for having a baby after cancer.
Fertility Preservation Options for Cancer Patients
For recently diagnosed patients, SCRC will partner with your oncologist to establish a timeline for fertility preservation whenever possible. We understand that delaying treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation may not always be possible, and that you may need to move quickly.
- Egg Freezing and Sperm Freezing: Freezing your eggs or sperm before cancer treatment keeps them safe from the potentially harmful effects of radiation or chemotherapy. If treatment will include surgery which involves the reproductive organs, egg or sperm freezing provides you with a range of fertility options post-treatment.
- Embryo Freezing: For some patients, creating and freezing embryos prior to treatment, either with a partner or a donor, provides the highest chance of a successful pregnancy after cancer.
Cancer can bring with it a heavy financial burden, along with all of its other challenges. We believe that cancer patients deserve access to fertility preservation and treatment, regardless of financial means.
- LIVESTRONG: SCRC is proud to have been selected as a LIVESTRONG Fertility Program Partner, offering discounted fertility services to cancer patients pre-treatment. LIVESTRONG also provides free fertility medication to cancer patients in partnership with a pharmaceutical company. To learn more about how LIVESTRONG can help, please visit: https://www.livestrong.org/we-can-help/livestrong-fertility
- Cancer Warriors Foundation: Cancer Warriors was started by survivor Sarah Krish to help young women diagnosed with gynecological cancers access fertility treatment. With a combination of financial assistance and community resources, Cancer Warriors offers hope for a biological baby after cancer. SCRC is delighted to join forces with Cancer Warriors to provide fertility preservation services. Read more about the partnership here.
For cancer survivors wondering about their fertility status after going through treatment, through fertility testing is the first step. Once we have a clear picture of what’s going on, we can help you explore your options and build a personalized plan for your future family.
Assisted Reproductive Technologies
Wherever you may be on your fertility journey, the experts at SCRC can help you chart a path towards building a family. Whether you are considering IVF using preserved eggs or sperm, looking into donor eggs or sperm, or are curious about surrogacy options, we are devoted to assisting you with exceptional care, transparency, and sensitivity.
Dealing with a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming and isolating. Considering your fertility in the midst of such an intense time in your life can be doubly so. SCRC is committed to providing accessible, up-to-date, in-depth and realistic information on topics relating to cancer and fertility. Here are some relevant posts from our blog which might help.
- Getting Pregnant after Chemotherapy
- Egg Freezing as a Fertility Preservation Option for Cancer Patients
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month: Fertility Preservation for Women with Ovarian Cancer
Sarah Krish from the Cancer Warriors Foundation has written some posts for us drawing on her first-hand experience as a young person navigating her way through a cancer diagnosis and fertility treatment.
- In Honor of National Cancer Survivors Day
- The Power of Hope
- Fertility Yoga: How to Reduce Stress While Trying to Conceive
If you or someone you love is dealing with a cancer diagnosis and require fertility support, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We would be honored to make an appointment with you for a consultation. You’ve already come through so much, and the decision to bring new life into the world is a celebration of your courage and strength.