Assisted Hatching (AH) at Southern California Reproductive Center (SCRC)
What is Assisted Hatching & is it Helpful?
One of the advanced ART (assisted reproductive technology) procedures employed by today’s top fertility specialists, such as those at Southern California Reproductive Center (SCRC), assisted hatching gives embryos a “helping hand” in the hatching process – breaking through the protective zona pellucida layer that envelops them.
Not all embryos can hatch by themselves. Because hatching is a necessary step for the successful implantation of an embryo, assisted hatching (AH) is a powerful technique used in conjunction with in vitro fertilization (IVF) prior to embryo transfer or blastocyst transfer.
- Significantly increases an embryo’s chances of implantation in the uterus
- Utilizes delicate micromanipulation techniques performed by SCRC’s highly skilled embryologists in our IVF lab
How do I know if assisted hatching is right for me?
Several factors contribute to our fertility specialists recommending assisted hatching. Some of these factors include:
- Age – typically women over 37 have drastically increased rates of infertility. Women above or close to this age may require AH in order to achieve a successful pregnancy.
- Repeated IVF failures – if it’s not working for you, then a different approach is needed. AH is often a successful alternative.
- Egg health and quantity – a high number of eggs is pivotal to fertilization and implantation. If you know your egg count is down, assisted hatching is the procedure recommended to make remaining eggs count.
- FSH – when the day 3 follicle stimulating hormone level is elevated, conceiving may prove difficult.
It all begins with an accurate infertility diagnosis
While assisted hatching is highly effective, our team of fertility specialists will decide if it is appropriate for you. That starts with getting an accurate infertility diagnosis of your particular infertility situation. Our fertility specialists are consistently ranked among the best in the country; let us show you why.
Share in our success
Call us at (800) 600-9112 or click here to schedule a consultation with an SCRC fertility specialists for you and/or your partner. View our surgical facility specifically designed and equipped for fertility matters. Take a tour of our facility. Meet our doctors and staff. We believe you’ll agree with thousands of patients who have become proud parents that SCRC is committed to be your fertility center.